DO YOU YADA YADA? "I gotta tell you, I am loving this yada yada thing." George Castanza

Monday, April 24, 2006

Dear Sock Pal:

Your socks are ready! Look forward to other tootsie-related items, as well!



Details

The pattern is http://stitchesofviolet.blogspot.com/2004/12/old-shale-two-yarn-sock-pattern.html with thanks to Marguerite. Both yarns are Lorna's Laces, Shepherd Sock. The solid is "Berry" and the multi color is "Iris Garden". These babies were brought into the world on a pair of No. 3 Turbos.

What I learned

How to take a hint: When the first pattern proved to not have enough stretch after three froggings (more like mental floggings), I finally changed patterns.

Quality is in the eye of the beholder: This is not an excuse. The socks I will receive could very possibly be better as in more elaborate or more evenly stitched. I am satisfied presenting these socks to my Pal as they are my personal best to date.

It's all good: Don't know which I enjoyed more - knitting socks for a 'secret pal' or reading/commenting on the updates.

Looking forward to the next 'paloooza! Thank you, Sock Sister Ina!

11 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Ina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Ina said...

Congratulations! Absolutely gorgeous - I gotta make me a pair.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Alliesw said...

They are beautiful--congratulations on finishing--we both used the same pattern and lorna's laces, cool! Your sock pal will be thrilled, I know! Thanks for visiting!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Very pretty. Love the colors you selected.

Thanks for the heads up so I could come and check them out. Wish I was your sock pal.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger gourdongirl said...

Just love your sockpalooza sox. Enjoyed reading your blog too. Good luck with your new job.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger bfmomma said...

Oh, they look so neat! beautiful...

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Very cute! They remind me of the Cut Your Teeth socks from Knitty. I know your pal will love them!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger pacalaga said...

Those are very pretty! I like your take on quality too. I feel the same about the ones I knit - they're not perfect, but they're no slack job either! I did my best, and I'm proud.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Black Purl said...

They look comfy! Beautiful work. Enjoy reading your blog.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I love your socks! Lorna's laces makes the prettiest yarn.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are soooo lovely, wish they were mine :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home